UA Home
General Catalog

Back to Majors List: Catalog Year List

PROGRAM CODE: EG NMS  UND                    CATALOG YEAR: 19974 
                       No Major Selected                         
                     College of Engineering                      
                The University of Arizona                        
University Graduation Requirements                               
All course work and requirements for this degree must be         
completed prior to the date the degree is awarded.               
     - The University of Arizona and the Arizona Board of        
       Regents have sole discretion over all curricula changes.  
     - Courses, programs & requirements may be suspended,        
       deleted, restricted, or changed in any manner, at any     
     - Students must remain currently informed about all policies
       & other info that bears on completing a degree.           
Minimum Grade Point Average (GPA) Requirements                   
     - Major course work: 2.000 GPA in each discipline.          
     - University of Arizona course work: 2.000 GPA.             
Units: See the 'Earned' total under 'Units required for this     
       degree' for a total minus any duplicate credit or excess  
       community college credit, and adjusted in accordance with 
       academic policies in your Catalog.                        
Application for Degree Candidacy                                 
     - Students must apply for degree candidacy in order to      
       graduate and receive a degree and diploma.                
     - Contact your college/major advisor to determine the       
       appropriate time to apply for degree candidacy.           
     - Detailed degree candidacy & graduation info available at  
       Units required for this degree                            
       A minimum of 128 units is required for this degree.       
       Additional units will be required to complete this degree 
       if a student:                                             
         A) is admitted to the UA with deficiencies;             
         B) changes his/her academic program;                    
         C) fails to meet minimum course/program requirements; or
         D) ineffectively plans or fails to execute a course of  
            study that leads directly to degree completion.      
         E) is completing more than one baccalaureate degree.    
-->  NEEDS:128.00 UNITS                                          
     1) A maximum of 72 units of community college course work   
        may apply toward graduation.                             
     2) A maximum of 60 units of correspondence credit and/or    
        credit by exam may apply toward graduation.              
     3) A maximum of 15 units completed as a non-degree seeking  
        student may be used for fulfilling undergraduate degree  
     4) A minimum of 30 units of UA University Credit            
        (excluding correspondence credit and credit by exam)     
        is required.                                             
          NEEDS: 30.00 UNITS                                     
     5) A minimum of 18 of the final 30 units taken toward       
        degree requirements must be UA University Credit.        
       UA Earned Hours & Cumulative GPA                          
       A 2.000 cumulative GPA is required to graduate from the   
       University of Arizona (excluding correspondence and       
       credit by exam).                                          
       Upper Division Units Requirement                          
       A minimum of 42 units of upper-division credit are        
       required for this degree.                                 
  -  1)   NEEDS: 42.00 UNITS                                     
       University Composition Requirements                       
  -  1)   NEEDS:                1 COURSE                         
        SELECT FROM: ENGL 101 ,103H,107                          
  -  2)   NEEDS:                1 COURSE                         
        SELECT FROM: ENGL 102 ,104H,108                          
   OR  AP Exam or Portfolio or ENGL 109H                         
  -  1) SELECT FROM: ENGL 109H                                   
       Mid-Career Writing Assessment                             
  -  1) The Mid-Career Writing Assessment is satisfied by        
        earning a grade of B or better in second semester        
        English Composition (ENGL 102, 104H, 108, or 109H).      
        Students who do not earn a grade of B or better in ENGL  
        102, 104H, 108, or 109H must also satisfy a college or   
        department writing requirement.                          
        SELECT FROM: ENGL 102 ,104H,108 ,109H                    
       Humanities & Social Sciences                              
       Complete a minimum of 12 hours from Humanities and        
       Social Sciences.                                          
-->  NEEDS: 12.00 UNITS                                          
     1)   NEEDS: 12.00 UNITS                                     
        SELECT FROM: AAS ****  AFAS ****  AIS ****  ANTH ****    
           ARH ****  ARB ****  CHN ****  CLAS ****  FSHD ****    
           GER ****  GRK ****  HIST ****  HUMS ****  ITAL ****   
           JPN ****  NES ****  PORT ****  PRS ****  ADVR 111     
           TO 114 ,311 ,312 ,313 ,314   CLR 101  TO 102          
           EAS ****  ECON 200  TO 242 ,303  TO 308 ,330 ,340 ,   
           ECON 405 ,424  TO 425   FREN ****  INDV 101  TO       
           INDV 103   TRAD 101  TO 104   JUS ****  LAT ****      
           LA S ****  POL ****  PSYC ****  NES ****  RELI ****   
           RSSS ****  R SS ****  SOC ****  SPAN ****  W S ****   
       Humanities & Social Science Sequences                     
       2 Humatities & Social Science Sequences are required.     
       Contact the departmental office for an approved list.     
  -  1) 2 courses from:                                          
        SELECT FROM: ADVR 111 ,112 ,311 ,312                     
  -  2) 2 courses from:                                          
        SELECT FROM: ADVR 113 ,114 ,313 ,314                     
       Engineering General Education                             
  -  1) Core Courses                                             
          NEEDS:                2 COURSES                        
        SELECT FROM: ENGR 102 ,170                               
  -  2) Mathematics                                              
          NEEDS:                4 COURSES                        
        SELECT FROM: MATH 124  OR 125 ,129 ,223 ,254             
  -  3) Chemistry - select 1 set.                                
        SELECT FROM: CHEM 103A & 104A (OR) 151 ,103B & 104B,     
           CHEM 105A & 106A (OR) MSE 110                         
  -  4) Physics                                                  
          NEEDS:                3 COURSES                        
        SELECT FROM: PHYS 141 ,142 ,241                          
OK     Undeclared Major                                          
       In order to receive a listing of program requirements,    
       you must declare a major.  Please consult your advisor.   
       Additional Course Work                                    
        Courses listed in this section may include general       
        elective credits, UA courses and transferable courses    
        from other institutions.  Consult with your advisor to   
        determine if courses listed in this section may be used  
        to fulfill a requirement or sub-requirement in your      
        degree program.                                          
       Excluded Course Work                                      
        Courses listed in this section may include               
        non-transferable units, remedial units, courses in       
        progress('K' grades), Academic Renewal (ACR) courses,    
        withdrawals, non-qualifying exams (AP, CLEP, IB), and    
        audited courses. Only courses with a grade of "C" or     
        better are transferable to UA.                           
********************* END OF ANALYSIS *********************      

General Catalog Home

UA Home

Students should contact an academic advisor for academic and career counseling.

Page last updated: March 20, 2009 [update]

Maintained by DARS Team